1. Where can I pick up an accident report?
        a. For a fee of $10, a copy can be obtained from the records division, which is located in the police department administration building. (Former Grief Bros. campus at 601 2nd AVE NE)     Personal checks are not accepted, cash only please.   An ATM machine is available on-site.  

Note that accident reports are also available for purchase online via this website.

2. How can I ride along with patrol officers?
        a. The civilian ride along program no longer available due to liability and insurance concerns.

3. How can I obtain my local criminal background history for things such as apartments?
        a. Records division, which is located in the police department administration building, during regular business hours.

4. I need to be fingerprinted, how do I proceed?
        a. Bring the print cards you have been supplied to the Cullman Police Department during regular business hours.   Calling ahead at 256-775-7166 is highly recommended.  

5. When should I call 9-1-1, and what is an alternate number to reach the Police Department dispatch?
        a. 911 is for emergencies only...fire, medical, or police emergencies, and when an immediate response is required! (256)-734-1434 will connect you to the Police Department dispatch for non-emergencies.

6. How long does it take for police patrolman to arrive when I call the department?
        a. All requests for Police services are assigned to priority based on the seriousness of the incident and the potential for injury or damage to property. At times, calls of less urgent nature must be delayed so that we can respond immediately to emergencies.

7. How can I find out if someone is in jail, when someone in jail can be visited, and any other information about persons in jail?
        a. We no longer have a "city jail," and all inmates are housed at the Cullman County Detention Center--256-735-2400-.    (Exceptions may exist, such as upon arrests with immediate release.)   

8. I need to speak with an officer, file a complaint, or get a police report. Can I do this over the phone?
        a. All reports must be made in person.  Contact dispatch at 256-734-1434 and an Officer will be dispatched to your home or business to meet with you.
  If you find it more convenient, you may come to the Police Department Mon-Fri 8am-4pm. 

9. Where do I pay a traffic ticket or fine?
        a. The court office located in the front of City Hall.   Enter the front doors, and turn to the right.  Call 256-775-7136 (court) for more information. 

10. How can I obtain a Cullman Police Department patch?
        a. The department does not officially trade patches at this time. 

11. How can I apply for employment at Cullman Police Department?
        a. See our Employment  page for information.